At Bucks Housing, we are committed to providing high quality, customer-focused services and to delivering the very best customer care. We aim to make sure that you can contact us easily and have your questions or problems dealt with quickly, professionally and, hopefully, to your complete satisfaction. We will always treat you fairly and with respect and we will be polite and courteous.
Please let us know your preferred communication method (for example, by email, text, letter, telephone) or if you have specific communication needs.
Please note, that due to restrictions in place as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, we are not currently able to meet the standards highlighted in green below. Our office is likely to remain closed until March 2021, at the earliest.
When you contact us by telephone, we will:
- aim to answer your call, in person, and as quickly as possible
- aim to resolve your enquiry at the first point of contact
- offer to ring you back, if the query is going to take longer to sort out
- ensure that, if we are unable to provide answers straight away, we keep you regularly informed until your queries are resolved
- ensure that, if you need specialist help, your query is referred to the most appropriate member of staff
- provide a 24-hour emergency repairs service outside office hours. Office hours are 8.30am-4.30pm (4pm on Fridays).
When you email, write in or contact us through our website, we will:
- aim to respond to your contact within five working days, in your preferred format
- tell you if a full response will take longer than five working days and give you an estimated response time
- ensure that any response we send is clear, helpful and easy to understand
- include in our response full details of who is dealing with your query and how they can be contacted.
When you want to speak to someone in person, we will:
- aim to make an appointment for you to see them, either at your home or in our office, as quickly as possible, and in no more than five working days.
When we visit you at home, we will:
- keep to our appointment times or inform you as soon as possible if we are running late
- carry and display proof of identity at all times
- always remember that our property is your home and treat it with respect
- leave a calling card if you are not available when we visit.
When you visit our offices, we will:
- provide a welcoming, accessible and comfortable reception area
- see you on time if you have an appointment
- aim for you to be seen by a member of staff within ten minutes if you didn’t make an advance appointment
- provide a private area in order to discuss confidential matters.
Meeting your needs
- when you share information with us, we will comply with the principles of data protection legislation, store your information securely and inform you of your rights. We will let you know why we collect information, how we will use it and who it may be shared with
- we will provide a range of opportunities for you to be consulted and involved in the way we do things and to help us improve
- we will let you know how we respond to your feedback which is important to us
- we accept that sometimes we get things wrong. We aim to make it easy for you to make a complaint. We will acknowledge all complaints and let you know who will be investigating the issue and when you can expect a full reply. Our aim is always to provide an effective resolution
- we aim to keep you up to date with Bucks Housing news, events and other useful information via our website and via our quarterly residents’ newsletter.
We will monitor these customer standards by:
- carrying out regular feedback / satisfaction surveys so that we can get your views on the service you receive
- monitoring our performance at answering calls
- monitoring the quality of our written responses
- arranging for residents to carry out mystery shopping
- monitoring formal complaints received and learning from these and other feedback.
And finally, your commitment to us
We ask you to:
- keep to the terms of your tenancy agreement
- be polite to our staff and contractors and not to use offensive language or threatening behaviour
- be patient when we are dealing with your enquiry
- keep appointments or let us know as soon as possible if you need to rearrange
- let us know when we get things wrong or when you think we could have done better so we can learn from this
- let us know when we have got things right so we can thank the relevant people
- let us know of any changes to your household details or contact details.
You can contact us at:
The Buckinghamshire Housing Association Ltd
Unit 4, Stokenchurch Business Park
Bucks HP14 3FE
Telephone number: 01494 480340
Email address: email@example.com