Home Insurance 2019-10-17T12:51:46+00:00

Home insurance

Bucks Housing has buildings insurance which covers the structure of your home, but this does not cover your furniture, belongings and other personal items within your home against theft, fire, vandalism, burst pipes and other household risks. We believe it is important that you consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for, in order to help you to make an informed decision on whether you need one.

To help you decide, the National Housing Federation has teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks and Allianz Insurance plc to provide the My Home Contents Insurance Scheme, a specialist Tenants Contents Insurance policy. The My Home Contents Insurance Scheme can offer tenants and residents the chance to insure the contents of their homes in an easy and affordable way.

The tenants contents scheme can offer cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments. The insurance also covers replacement of external locks if your keys are lost or stolen and the contents of your freezer. There is cover for personal liability and also your decorations which you may be responsible for under your tenancy agreement.

For further information you can:

  • ask for an application pack by phoning Bucks Housing on 01494 480340
  • call Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7288
  • visit www.thistlemyhome.co.uk for more information or to request a call back.

The National Housing Federation is an Appointed Representative of Thistle Insurance Services Ltd. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 310419. Lloyd’s Broker. Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Ltd is part of the PIB Group.