Repair response times
We have target response times for completing repairs according to their urgency.
Emergency repairs (attendance required within 2 hours, with repair to be made safe within 24 hours)
Emergency repairs are those where there is a danger to your health or wellbeing and/or there is a risk of serious damage to the property. The following repairs are classed as emergencies:
- serious flooding / leaks (where a bowl cannot be used for the drip)
- total electrical failure
- loss of mains water
- property no longer secure and/or water tight
- no heating / hot water during winter months (1 Oct – 31 March)
- or a health and safety risk.
The emergency service is a ‘make safe’ service, unless the contractor is able to resolve the fault there and then. Please note you may be recharged if you call out a contractor on an emergency without good cause.
Urgent repairs (target time within 5 working days)
An urgent repair is classified as one where your comfort or convenience is seriously affected or the fault is one which is likely to cause further damage or expense.
Examples of urgent repairs are:
- Minor leaks
- Blocked waste pipes
- Faulty taps
- Attending to broken glazing
- Minor roof defects
- Repair/replacement of faulty door locks
- Replacement of cracked WC pans, cisterns, wash hand basins
- Running overflow pipes and repair or renewal of ball valves
- Heating / hot water repairs
- Falling plaster
Routine repairs (target time within 20 working days)
Routine repairs are non-urgent repairs which can wait a short while before being carried out.
Examples of routine repairs will include:
- Carpentry jobs
- Defective sockets
- Repairs to baths, panels, sinks etc.
- External / internal doors
- Repairs / replacement of gutters
- Blocked rainwater goods
- Replacement/repair wall, floor and roof tiles
- Pointing and brickwork repairs
- Repairs to garden paths
Certain repairs may be carried out as part of a planned programme.
Examples will include:
- fencing repairs
- renewing window frames
- cyclical works
- kitchen replacements
- bathroom replacements